Movember is now in full swing!
For those of you that have been under a rock for the last few years ... here's what Movember is all about.
It's a global charity drive where volunteers agree to stop shaving for an entire month in return for sponsorship. It’s the best kind of fundraising for most guys because it actually requires less effort on their part. Although it’s now technically too late to get involved if you aren’t already, there’s always next year. In the meantime, here are just a few facts and figures about Movember:
- Since its conception, over 1.1 million ‘Mo Bros’ have raised more than 1.2 billion for men’s cancer charities.
- Participants must be clean shaven on Movember 1st and may only groom the resulting ‘tache.
- According to the ‘rules’, the mustache must never touch any sideburns. Failure to comply results in disqualification as a beard-wearing muppet.
- A ‘Mo Sista’ is a woman who supports her ‘Mo Bro’ by spreading the word, finding sponsors and generally ignoring the fact her man looks like a Village People reject.
- Celebrities who are famous for their moustaches include Merv Hughes, Hulk Hogan, Ron Jeremy and Tyra Banks.
- Gala parties are held worldwide to celebrate the end of Movember. Participants meet up to show off their moustaches, award prizes and get totally hammered.
Are you participating in Movember by growing out your mustache?
STATS is participating in Movember by naming our shot of the month the "Mustache Ride"!
Come to STATS and try one for yourself. They're delicious!
We will also have a Movember themed party to help raise awareness for mens cancer charities.
Check our calendar for details.